Friday, August 6, 2010

I'm a real stylist now! & summer means visitors!!

I got the job! Its been almost a month now & I absolutely love it! The salon is gorgeous, the girls are all so fun & easy to get along with! I love working with Nicole again & the manager's younger sister as well. She is the receptionist & is 26; it's so nice being around people my own age again, but the salon mom's are great too :) I really like my boss Kristy, she is hilarious first of all,very blunt & swears like a sailor ha. She is a bit intimidating cause she also is the owner but is very helpful & wants to make sure i learn everything correctly. I appreciate her.



I just made some really cute business cards & can't wait to print them. The salon is slow for me right now because I'm so new, but it will definitely pick up once people start scheduling with me & I build an actual clientele. I've been doing a lot of waxing & forgot how much I LOVE it! There is also a massage therapist who works with us named Amber, she is really sweet & charges employee's only $40 an hour for a massage. When i get my next paycheck, I'm doing it for sure! I've never had a massage before, Soooo stoked! Most of my tips go towards gas money now, & I have to deal with city traffic everyday, but it's all completely worth it. & I don't mind the drive because I go through the city everyday, twice a day now & it makes me feel like i actually live in Portland ha.

So last Sunday i gave my 1st talk in church, on Stewardship. I thought i was going to pass out right up at the pulpit, honestly. But i wrote out the entire thing , printed it & just got up there & read to the congregation. & doing it that way, i have to say, is not that bad. I knew every word i was going to say, so i wasn't fumbling for words up there, i never said the word "um" which drives me crazy when other people say it every other word in their talks. It went pretty well all & all. & the 1st counselor who called me to speak even sent me a thank you card telling me how much he appreciated my talk & was touched by it. When Nicholi spoke, he didn't get a card ;) So that felt pretty good.

Lately we have been having so many visitors!! Man it's great to have friends here, i forget how much i miss them all. First my brother Patrick was here for 2 weeks in July. Then Bri & Mikayla came for 4 days. Caitlin Clive is at our house every weekend to hang out since she is working here for the summer. Then last week Nicholi's BUY Provo friends, Jimmy & Andrew came for 4 days. & in September Leith will be here, which i couldn't be happier about. Leith is my best friend who i haven't seen since i moved up here. She's never been to Portland so i can't friggin wait! But man all these friends are wiping me out of money, just all the entertaining & dining out, it's been a blast but i'm b r o k e .

Oh and a little correction to my fall semester schedule. Since my new job is SW & there is a campus in SW i thought it would make sense to go to that campus after work & not waste all the gas driving all over Portland. So my new classes will be over at Sylvania Campus & will be as follows:

Writing 121
Math 20
Intro to Photo (non darkroom)

College Survival & Success

That last one I'm not too stoked about but i needed 1 more credit & Nicholi suggested I take it to help build some good study habits & sheeeit. Cool by me, it will probably be really boring but really easy. As long as my gpa rocks.

Okay well that's all I have to say for now. Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment