Thursday, January 13, 2011

A True Minnesotan Responce To My Last Post:

Message From Mickey Bloom January 12 at 1:08pm:
Hi

As someone who has lived in Minnesota for 16 years, I only found two of your "astute" observations of Minnesotans to be correct; that we have mosquitos and snow. Bemidji doesn't reflect all of Minnesota, so maybe next time when you think you're being super clever, you'll stop for a moment, allow your synapses to function, creating actual thoughts, enabling foresight, and you'll think before you post on your aptly named blog. Hope you have wonderful life. Minnesota just owned your ass.

For cute,
Mickey Bloom


Just a little bio on Mickey Bloom, he is a coworker of a good friend of mine in Los Angeles & is from the Twin Cities, 4 hours south of Bemidji. I would have thought that Mickey, having lived in this state for 16 years, would have the knowledge to recognize that Minneapolis is the exception to the rule in Minnesota. Demographically speaking the majority of this great state is far more similar to Bemidji than it is to the thriving southern metropolis. My last post should have put that as a disclaimer. I am truly sorry that you feel so defensive about Minnesota culture. On the other hand, someone could rip CA a new one in a message & I wouldn't give one half of a damn. The one thing I thought Minnesota had going for it was it's "Minnesota Nice". Thank you Mickey for proving that wrong :)

4 comments:

  1. yeah you def don't have to appologize for that. Every state has its own distinguishing characteristics. Can't believe he took the time to get all hot-headed and snotty over that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey There Lauren

    Since we're turning this into a public forum, I'll address you here. First of all, nice job on spelling the word "response". Say you want about Minnesota, but at least our school system didn't fail us like California's apparently did to you. Also, "from proving that wrong,"is grammatically incorrect, which I can't believe I have to point out. But I digress. In spite of my pretentious (but not really, since I'm right)/insulting reflexes, I intend this comment to bring peace between our nations. I am completely indifferent towards Bemidji. In fact, the only reason I know that exists is when I watched the local news and it appeared on the doppler radar. I'm sure it sucks living there, but Minnesota has the worst stereotypes second only to the south so I hope you understand why I seized the opportunity for a cathartic defense of my hometown. I'm sure you're a nice person and I'm sorry to get my panties in a bunch. How you knew I wore panties will forever surprise/disturb/arouse me.

    Olive branch,
    Mickey Bloom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope, that wasn't an apology, Mickey Bloom. How the hell could you think that insulting Lauren's grammar and spelling could bring "peace between [your] nations"? Lauren's initial assessment of Minnesota was intended to be humorous and you took it personally, and there's no excuse for that.

    Mickey Bloom is a big baby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually, "thank you from" is the incorrect part of that sentence, "from proving me wrong" is grammatically correct, I can't believe i have to point this out to you.

    Too bad you would never believe that I make type-o's every now & again, & a few hours after posting this, I went back & found my errors, but I know you would rather take the credit of pointing them out to me.


    Oh, & you forgot the word "what" in your 2nd sentence, looks like the entire US school system is a bust...

    ReplyDelete